I just love this time of the year - the twinkle of lights, the sparkle of decorations, the coziness of a warm fire, the snuggle of a favorite sweater (preferably hand knit or crocheted, right?) and, most important of all, the celebration of the birthday of Jesus. And, don't forget that we need lots of hats and scarves this time of year for the cancer centers - cancer patients feel the cold so much more than we do. Here is what is going on with YOH this week.
Meetings this week:
- Tuesday - 10AM in the Hospitality Room at First Baptist McKinney
- Wednesday - NO MEETING THIS WEEK! The church is sponsoring Mission Christmas this Wednesday night - where we go out into the community and share the joy of Christmas with others.
- Christmas parties:
- Next Tuesday (12/13) at 10AM, we will have our Christmas party at Susan Butler's home (Look for directions later in the week). Sign up for a brunch dish tomorrow morning or send me an email. Also, bring a $10 gift to exchange to the party - can be yarn related or not, homemade or not.
- Next Wednesday (12/14) at 6:15PM in the Fireside Room at First Baptist McKinney, we will have a Christmas party for the Wednesday night ladies - no gift exchange but bring a sweet or savory goody to share.
- Chemo caps and scarves for both adults and children - donated to Texas Oncology McKinney, UT Southwestern in Dallas and MCCH oncology unit.
- Blankets for MCCH - either a child-sized blanket or 12 x 12 squares which will be combined into a blanket.
- Knitting Club at Finch - the girls and boys are doing great and are about to start their first project, however, we can always use more teachers. Contact Becca Masters if you are interested in helping.