Hope you have all had a great weekend and are looking forward to a blessed Easter weekend. Here is what is going on with YOH this week!
For you Tuesday morning ladies - come ready for a workday! I have 13 boxes of donated yarn in the back of my car (this is the yarn that Jennifer Stover picked up a month or so ago) and we need to store what we can at the church, clean out new storage area (hopefully!), and then find new places to store the rest (anyone have extra space at home?) Also, if you do not come to the Tuesday meetings, let me know if you would like some yarn or would like to store some for us. The yarn is a hodge podge of Red Heart, baby yarns, fuzzy worsted weights and many more. There is a good quantity of most of it so you could make a larger project with them.
Meetings this week:
- Tuesday - 10AM in the Hospitality Room at FBC McKinney
- Wednesday - 6:15 in the Fireside Room at FBC McKinney
- Chemo caps and scarves - for adults, kids and babies. To be donated to Texas Oncology McKinney, Medical City Children's Hospital, and UT Southwestern Moncrief Center.
- Blankets and knitted/crocheted toys - to be donated to Medical City Children's Hospital.
- Bereavement Preemie Items: Gowns, sweaters, hats, and blankets to be donated to Medical City Children's Hospital Labor & Delivery Department. Items should be in pastel colors and sized for a 2 pound preemie. Let me know if you need help with patterns or sizing.
- Relay for Life - YOH will have a Relay team again this year. The event is on April 27 and will be held at Craig Ranch Ballfield. Here is a link to our page. You can use this link to either join our team, donate to the team, or purchase a luminaria in honor or memory of a loved one. .Be sure to sign up for our team - this is one of the most fun nights of the year!