Hope everyone had a great weekend and is enjoying the hot weather. Speaking of, with the warmer weather, it is time to switch to lighter weight yarns, especially cotton, for the hats and scarves.
Cancer patients still get cold during the summertime (esp. in the air conditioning) and they also need some sun protection for their heads. However, they don't need the thick and fuzzy yarns that are so great during the cold months. A lightweight acrylic or cotton yarn is perfect.
Meetings this week:
- Tuesday - 10AM in the Hospitality Room at FBC McKinney
- Wednesday - 6:15PM in the Fireside Room at FBC McKinney
- Our Tuesday meetings will stay the same. If you have kids, bring them along. For Wednesday night meetings, the Children's Ministry has cancelled our childcare for this Wednesday. It will resume in August when all of the regular Wednesday night activities resume. We WILL have meetings for most of the summer and I will let you know if there are any nights the building is closed. Same as Tuesdays - bring the kids along.
- Chemo caps and scarves - for adults, kids and babies. To be donated to Texas Oncology McKinney, Medical City Children's Hospital, and UT Southwestern Moncrief Center.
- Blankets and knitted/crocheted toys - to be donated to Medical City Children's Hospital.
- Bereavement Preemie Items: Gowns, sweaters, hats, and blankets to be donated to Medical City Children's Hospital Labor & Delivery Department. Items should be in pastel colors and sized for a 2 pound preemie. Also, the nurses have requested 2 or 3 gowns or sweaters in a newborn size. Let me know if you need help with patterns or sizing.