Wow - spring just keeps on getting better and better!! This has been an absolutely gorgeous day that we have been blessed with! With the warmer weather, the need for chemo caps (as well as all of the things we make for the children's hospital) does not go away. Bald heads and sick ones still get cold, especially once the air conditioning kicks on. We might start thinking about switching to lighter weight and cotton yarns, but keep on cranking out the goodies - we still need them!!
Here is what is going on with YOH this week:
Meetings This Week
- Tuesday - 10AM in the Hospitality Room at FBC McKinney
- Wednesday - 6:15 in the Fireside Room at FBC McKinney
- Chemo caps and scarves - for adults, kids and babies. To be donated to Texas Oncology McKinney, Medical City Children's Hospital, and UT Southwestern Moncrief Center.
- Blankets and knitted/crocheted toys - to be donated to Medical City Children's Hospital.
- Bereavement Preemie Items: Gowns, sweaters, hats, and blankets to be donated to Medical City Children's Hospital Labor & Delivery Department. Items should be in pastel colors and sized for a 2 pound preemie. Let me know if you need help with patterns or sizing.
- Delivery Day - I have not heard back from the LDR nurse at MCCH so I have not made a delivery to the cancer centers or MCCH yet. I will let you know when I get something set up in case anyone would like to go along.
God bless each of you and the works of your hands,