Hope everyone is doing great and looking forward to cooler weather later this week!! I made a trip to Medical City Children's Hospital and UT Southwestern and donated a bunch of hats, scarves, blankets and toys, etc. The nurses and staff were so appreciative of all of our hard work - thanks to each of you who helped make this possible.
Mark your calendars - our field trip to Fiber Circle in Farmersville is next Tuesday, May 15th. We will meet at the church at 10 and then carpool out there.
Meetings this week:
• Tuesday - 10AM in the Hospitality Room at FBCMcKinney
• Wednesday - 6:15PM in the HOSPITALITY Room at FBCMcKinney (NOTE ROOM CHANGE)
Summer schedule: Our Tuesday meetings will stay the same. If you have kids, bring them along. For Wednesday night meetings, the church's regular activities are finished as of LAST week. We will have childcare through May 23rd.
We WILL have meetings for most of the summer and I will let you know if there are any nights the building is closed. Same as Tuesdays - bring the kids along.
• Chemo caps and scarves - for adults, kids and babies. To be donated to Texas Oncology McKinney, Medical City Children's Hospital, and UT Southwestern Moncrief Center.
• Blankets and knitted/crocheted toys - to be donated to Medical City Children's Hospital.
• Bereavement Preemie Items: Gowns, sweaters, hats, and blankets to be donated to Medical City Children's Hospital Labor & Delivery Department. Items should be in pastel colors and sized for a 2 pound preemie. Also, the nurses have requested 2 or 3 gowns or sweaters in a newborn size. Let me know if you need help with patterns or sizing.
Have a great week and God bless each of you!