Well, the Olympics continue as does the best excuse I know to beat the heat and cheer on our Olympians - while knitting and crocheting, of course. And, make sure you check out the Jo-Ann Fabrics grand opening on August 9-11! How exciting - a new place to shop for yarn and goodies!
Here is what is going on with YOH this week.
- Tuesday - 10AM in the Hospitality Room at FBC McKinney
- Wednesday - 6:15PM in the Fireside Room at FBC McKinney
- Dallas Museum of Art Presents an Evening with Debbie Macomber - This event is a part of DMA's Arts & Letters Live series and is on August 15th at 7:30PM. YOH members get a special rate of $20 for tickets - just mention YOH when purchasing tickets online at www.tickets.dallasmuseumofart.org or call 214-992-1818. You can also pre-order her new book, The Inn at Rose Harbor, which is scheduled for release in August. There will be a group of us going so let me know if you would like to carpool.
- Yarns of Hope Bible Study - This fall (September 5th), Yarns of Hope will be joining with FBC McKinney's Women's Ministry and offering a bible study on Wednesday mornings (childcare is available). Please note, however, that will continue to meet on Tuesday mornings the same as always. Beginning on August 5th, you can register online at www.fbcmckinney.com or in the Connection on Sunday mornings. We will be studying the Debbie Macomber book, Knit Together: Discover God's Pattern for Your Life. This study will give us a chance to explore God's unique purpose for each of our lives while still indulging in our favorite pasttime - knitting/crocheting/sewing for those in need of hope and warmth. This will also allow us to reach a whole new set of ladies that have either never heard of YOH or were not able to attend because of lack of childcare. If you are hesitant because you don't think you have time for one more thing- I chose this book because we will be reading only one chapter each week, no study questions, and then discussing the chapter on Wednesday mornings. The books may be purchased the first day of bible study or ordered online - try Amazon or Half.com. I believe both of those websites have great prices.
- Same as always - hats, scarves, blankets, toys for Texas Oncology McKinney, UT Southwestern Moncrief Radiation Oncology Clinic and Medical City Children's Hospital.
- Also, preemie gowns, hats, sweaters and blankets for the LDR Unit at MCCH.
Take care and God bless,