Happy Back to School!
Time to get back to school and all of our old routines - after all of the "relaxing" we all did this summer! We've missed quite a few of you this summer so I can't wait to see you again now that summer vacation is over. And, don't forget that fall and cooler weather is around the corner, which means that the demand for hats and scarves will increase.
Here is what is going on with YOH this week.
* Tuesday - 10AM in the Hospitality Room at FBC McKinney
* Wednesday - 6:15PM in the Fireside Room at FBC McKinney (Regular Wednesday activities will resume this week, including Family Meal and children's activities. There is also a special prayer service this Wednesday night for all FBC members. We still have the room reserved for those of you who are not a FBC member or do not wish to attend.)
* Yarns of Hope Bible Study - will start next Wednesday, September 5th. If you have registered and do not have a book, they will be available on the first day of class. If you did not register and would like to attend, let me know as soon as possible.
* Finch Knitting/Crochet Club - We have already been contacted by the 5th grade teacher at Finch, expressing interest in continuing the knitting club this year. For this to be a success, we really need at least 5 or 6 dedicated teachers. If you are interested at all, please let me or Becca Masters know. You don't need to do it every week or be an expert knitter/crocheter to help. You will also need to fill out a volunteer background check at www.mckinneyisd.net.
* Hats, scarves, blankets, toys for Texas Oncology McKinney, UT Southwestern Moncrief Radiation Oncology Clinic and Medical City Children's Hospital.
* Also, preemie gowns, hats, sweaters and blankets for the LDR Unit at MCCH.
Take care and God bless,